Posting Date: May 11, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
William Paterson University is seeking applications for a part time temporary Grounds Worker.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide assistance for the Grounds listed below as directed by supervisor:
• Provide daily assistance in grounds management and maintenance.
• Maintain, manage, store and inventory equipment, supplies and materials.
• Must be willing and able to perform necessary manual tasks
• Keep facilities clean and in a manner that is presentable to the public
• Perform the duties necessary for a successful landscape and grounds management program without time and weekend constraints
• Maintain the campus flower beds through planting, weeding, irrigation, deadheading, dividing, mulching, etc.
• Maintain facilities.
• Maintain equipment, supplies and vehicles related to the grounds department and other departments as used.
• Assist with plant health and pest management schedules
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of landscaping operations
• Ability to handle plants; work inside and outside in a variety of weather.
• Ability to work well with a diverse population
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in turf care a plus
Hours wil be three 8 hour days (flexible on days)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to James Shelley, Director of Physical Plant Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Clery Act (The Jean Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistic Act) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to
prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information
is available on the University Police Department website at the
Clery Act page.
A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the University Police Department upon request.
Newly hired individuals will be required to establish and maintain principal residency
in the state of New Jersey within one year from the date of employment.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer
that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students.
Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Rd
Wayne, New Jersey 07470