Posting Date: November 5, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Department of Public Health is located in the College of Science and Health, which is one of five comprehensive and diverse colleges at William Paterson University. The Department of Public Health offers undergraduate programs in public health, public health education, and health studies. The department’s public health program is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) as a standalone bachelor’s program and prepares students for careers as public health generalists and health education specialists.
William Paterson University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank in the Department of Public Health, beginning September 1, 2019. This position includes teaching at the undergraduate level and academic advisement of undergraduate students.
Reporting relationship: Department of Public Health Chairperson
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching responsibilities include but are not limited to undergraduate health research methods courses and courses in at least one of the following specialties: epidemiology, health systems, health administration, health education, or health communication.
• Educating: engaging with faculty to ensure efficient organization of courses and coursework; teaching courses within the curriculum.
• Scholarship: conceptualizing, developing, executing, and maintaining a research agenda resulting in scholarly publications and presentations.
• Service: actively participating in the variety of service opportunities within the department, college, university community; advising and mentoring students.
• Earned doctorate in public health or a public health discipline.
• Documented evidence of excellence in college teaching.
• Documented evidence of an active research agenda and published, peer-reviewed scholarship.
• Public health practice experience is strongly preferred.
• Current certification as CHES, MCHES, or CPH is strongly preferred.
Invitation to apply:
Please click to apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter and resume
Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received prior to December 30, 2018 will be given preference.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any general questions related to this search.
The Clery Act (The Jean Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistic Act) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to
prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information
is available on the University Police Department website at the
Clery Act page.
A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the University Police Department upon request.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer
that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students.
Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Rd
Wayne, New Jersey 07470