Use the Form Below to Browse and Register for Youth Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
July 16 - 22: 30th Annual Jazz Workshop (Resident)
Experience an Award-Winning Jazz Tradition
Steve La Spina
July 16-22, 2023
Experience an award-winning tradition!
Our 30th annual Summer Jazz Workshop is now open to all ages, 14 and older.
The Workshop offers a weeklong intensive and immersive experience for beginner, intermediate, and advanced instrumentalists or vocalists. In-depth knowledge of jazz or jazz improvisation is not required.
The SUMMER JAZZ WORKSHOP provides:
- Seven intense days of improvisation and performance for students age 14 and older
- The option to commute or reside on campus; adult participants (18 and older) must commute*
- Daily intensive 3-hour ensemble rehearsals; improvisation, arranging, and jazz history classes with outstanding faculty and staff
- Private lessons and master classes
- World-renowned jazz artists in nightly concerts and meet-the-artist sessions
- A final concert with students and resident faculty
*All participants, both commuters and residents, can take advantage of the University’s practice facilities, food court and cafeteria, and recreational activities.
Previous Performing Artists/Clinicians: Dr. Billy Taylor, Clark Terry, Mulgrew Miller, Jon Faddis, Slide Hampton, Vanessa Rubin, Lou Donaldson, David “Fathead” Newman, Curtis Fuller, Byron Stripling, Bob Mintzer, Paquito D’Rivera, Renee Rosnes, Chris Potter, Billy Drummond, Al Grey, Jimmy Heath, Frank Wess, Dafnis Prieto, and Dena DeRose.
The William Paterson Summer Jazz Workshop is sponsored by: The College of Education and the Department of Music.
Dates : 07/16/23 to 07/22/23
Days : Sun,Mon,Tues,Weds,Thu,Fri,Sat
From : 09:00:00 - 21:00:00
Fee : $1749.00
Course Number : HS-002A
Class is full at this time please call 973-720-2354 to be placed on a waiting list
« Back to Programs