Use the Form Below to Browse and Register for Youth Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
College Major and Career Pathways Exploration 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, 2019
College Major and Career Pathways Exploration: The steps to selecting a major and connecting you to your dream job
The purpose and goal of this program is to assist high school students identify the college major that fit their professional desire. High school students are exploring what possible majors to select in college and how to connect them to a career path/dream job. During this workshop students will learn the different majors available in 2 and 4 years colleges, what are the requirements and the possible career opportunities within those majors. It is important for high school students to have a good understanding of the career path they are interested and to open themselves to explore the many options available to them. The program seeks to empower the student to have a clear and strategic understanding of their career trajectory.
At the end of program students will:
- Examine different majors and connect them to a career/industry.
- Identity career and job opportunities and connect them with a college major.
- Select their first choice college major, evaluate pros and cons and present what career path or job they plan to obtain after college graduation.
- Learn and understand the current market trends and employment requirements.
- Build a professional portfolio, highlighting service, & academics.
Instructor : Ceasar Castro, MA, Academic Advisor & Retention Coordinator at WPUNJ Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center
Dates : 11/09/19 to 11/23/19
Days : Sat
From : 9:00am - 12:00pm
Fee : $ 89.00
Course Number : Y212
« Back to Programs