Use the Form Below to Browse and Register for Youth Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Computer Science Academy 7/15-7/26/19
- Computer Programming JAVA (commuter) 7/15-7/19/19| 9:00am - 4:00pm|
This course will focus on the development of fundamental concepts of algorithm design and programming in Java.
Topics include program construction, compiling\interpreting-running-debugging cycle, sequential programming (starting with "Hello World"), variables, data types, expressions, input/output, user-defined functions, assignment statements, conditionals (if - else), iteration (while and for), and arrays. Basic computer graphics will be incorporated as well (to the degree that time permits) as well as basic applet design.
1. Describe the major components of a digital computer system with their functions.
2. Be able to write a program, compile it, and interpret/run it (using Notepad++, Netbeans, Eclipse...).
3. Write simple sequential programs using input, output, and assignment statements.
4. Describe the concept of a variable, evaluate arithmetic expressions, and construct them in several application areas including daily-life, scientific, mathematical, and business-oriented. 5. Provide an algorithmic solution to a problem that requires sequential execution, simple repetitive execution, or simple conditional execution.
6. Write programs to solve problems needing nested selections and repetitive execution.
7. Trace the execution of a program and debug it.
8. Write and call functions that have parameters and return a value (or not).
9. Write programs that manipulate one-dimensional and two-dimensional arrays, and also explain the concept of a pointer variable.
10. Write programs which generate basic graphics.
11. Write basic applets for web page development.
Prior knowledge of a programming language is recommended, but not necessary.
- C++ Programming 7/22-7/26| 9:00am - 12:00pm
This course introduces the student to C++ programming through discussion and hands on use involving concepts of program specification and design, algorithm development, and coding and testing. Students learn how to write programs in C++ programming language. Topics covered include fundamentals of algorithms, flowcharts, problem solving, programming concepts, classes and methods, control structures, arrays, and strings. (Lab fee and materials included)
Location: 300 Pompton Road (Main Campus), Wayne NJ 07474
Dates : 07/15/19 to 07/26/19
Days : Mon,Tues,Weds,Thu,Fri
From : 9:00am - 4:00pm
Fee : $ 827.50
Course Number : HS467
Class is full at this time please call 973-720-2354 to be placed on a waiting list
« Back to Programs