Use the Form Below to Browse and Register for Youth Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Medical Terminology 7/29-8/2/19
Medical Terminology is a comprehensive method to the study of medical terminologies associated with body systems, anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, medical diagnosis and procedures. Medical terminology is specialized in language that is used internationally by health care professionals for the purpose of communicating medical data in a precise and accurate manner. This course is designed to give students knowledge of medical words, word building, definitions, and word use that is utilized in all areas of medical science. The course will aid in the basic understanding of health care pre-professional courses.
- To understand the basic concepts used in medical terminologies
- To acquire knowledge about specific medical terms that pertain to the human body in different conditions that affect human health.
- To introduce students to some of the most commonly used diagnostic techniques and some examples of clinical cases to provide opportunities to use medical terms and integrate the concepts learned during the course.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Accurately define, spell and pronounce medical terms (root, prefixes and suffixes)
- Build and analyze medical words from component parts
- Correlate medical words parts with usage in anatomy, pathology, treatment and medical specialties
- Demonstrate the use of common medical terms related to the body systems covered.
- Identify a common pathologic condition for the major systems covered.
- Know and write the meanings of common abbreviations used for the body systems covered.
Instructor : Dr. Emmanuel S. Onaivi, Biology Professor
Dates : 07/29/19 to 08/02/19
Days : Mon,Tues,Weds,Thu,Fri
From : 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Fee : $ 289.00
Course Number : HS624
Class is full at this time please call 973-720-2354 to be placed on a waiting list
« Back to Programs