Browse and Register for CPE ProgramsIf you have any questions, please call 973.720.3698 or email CertificateProgram@wpunj.edu
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
« Back to Programs
July 16 - 22: 30th Annual Jazz Workshop (Commuters to Residential Switch)
Experience an Award-Winning Jazz Tradition!
Steve La Spina
July 16-22, 2023
Experience an award-winning tradition!
Our 30th annual Summer Jazz Workshop is now open to all ages, 14 and older.
The Workshop offers a weeklong intensive and immersive experience for beginner, intermediate, and advanced instrumentalists or vocalists. In-depth knowledge of jazz or jazz improvisation is not required.
The SUMMER JAZZ WORKSHOP provides:
- Seven intense days of improvisation and performance for students age 14 and older
- The option to commute or reside on campus; adult participants (18 and older) must commute*
- Daily intensive 3-hour ensemble rehearsals; improvisation, arranging, and jazz history classes with outstanding faculty and staff
- Private lessons and master classes
- World-renowned jazz artists in nightly concerts and meet-the-artist sessions
- A final concert with students and resident faculty
*All participants, both commuters and residents, can take advantage of the University’s practice facilities, food court and cafeteria, and recreational activities.
Previous Performing Artists/Clinicians: Dr. Billy Taylor, Clark Terry, Mulgrew Miller, Jon Faddis, Slide Hampton, Vanessa Rubin, Lou Donaldson, David “Fathead” Newman, Curtis Fuller, Byron Stripling, Bob Mintzer, Paquito D’Rivera, Renee Rosnes, Chris Potter, Billy Drummond, Al Grey, Jimmy Heath, Frank Wess, Dafnis Prieto, and Dena DeRose.
The William Paterson Summer Jazz Workshop is sponsored by: The College of Education and the Department of Music.
PLEASE NOTE: this web registration page is for parents who ALREADY registered their child for the commuter option and would now like to switch into the residential option; this is how you pay the difference between the two programs. IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED at all for jazz yet, this shell is NOT for you! Please contact staffing for further questions, thank you!
Dates : 07/16/23 to 07/22/23
Days : Sun,Mon,Tues,Weds,Thu,Fri,Sat
From : 9:00am - 9:00pm
Fee : $ 331.00
Course Number : HS-000