Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
WP AccessAbilities Conference 5/30/2019
Be Smart and Be Independent!
The highly anticipated WPU AccessAbilites Conference is back! This year, we will focus on commercially available smart devices that increase the independence of individuals with disabilities (e.g., physical, visual, or hearing impairments). Join us to explore a wide range of smart devices and services, such as cloud-based voice assistants, smart light bulbs, smart outlets, smart watches, IFTTT, and augmentative and alternative communication apps. Participants will gain practical skills in how to use these affordable smart devices to increase independence for individuals with disabilities in home, school, work, and community contexts.
- Virtual assistants: e.g., Alexa, Google home
- Smart Home devices: e.g., smart doorbell, smart Thermostats, Smart light bulbs, smart plugs, smart garage openers, smart security cameras, robotic cleaners.
- Smart tablets, smart phones, smart watches
- If This Then That (IFTTT): A free online platform to automate your life
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) apps
- Home delivery services and other home services via app (e.g., groceries, meals, medicines, clothes, pet supplies, cleaning)
** Register by May 1, 2019 to receive the reduced rate of $99. Participates registered after May 1, 2019 will pay the fee of $125. Teachers and educators using a Purchase order form must submit a Purchase order registration form by May 1, 2019 to receive the reduced rate.
Location: 1600 Valley Rd Wayne NJ 07470
Dates : 05/30/19
Days : Thu
From : 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fee : $ 99.00
Course Number : E060