No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
In today's professional landscape, PowerPoint presentations can be effective platforms for sharing information and garnering audience interest and support. At the same time, a poorly designed PowerPoint slideshow can quickly turn an audience away. By focusing on how to apply basic design principles to slideshow creation, this course will help learners use Microsoft's PowerPoint 365 software to build visually engaging slideshow presentations. Learners will consider how to select images and photographs for use in slides, the importance of arrangement and placement of images, the use of tools like Shapes and SmartArt, methods for presenting data, and the selection of colors and fonts that increase the readability of content.
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated Time to Complete: 3 hours
Access to This Program is 90 days
- Define basic design principles, such as readability, color, consistency, contrast, arrangement, and information display
- Explain how font choice and color can affect slideshow readability
- Design slides that effectively implement the principles of consistency and contrast
- Place images throughout a presentation while adhering to the principles of proximity, alignment, repetition, space, and the big picture
- Select appealing and appropriate images to use in a slideshow
- Use photographs in a slideshow as an attention grabber and storytelling device
- Utilize the Shapes and SmartArt tools to communicate concepts visually
- Present data clearly and effectively
- Consider how design trends can be applied to slideshow presentation
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 11/30/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-288