No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Triple Bottom Line Accounting
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
In order to pursue the goal of sustainability, corporate and government leaders must manage companies and economies in terms of balancing and optimizing the triple bottom line of social, environmental, and economic impacts. The Triple Bottom Line concept, also known as the "3Ps" ("People, Planet, and Profit"), is both a metaphor for thinking about sustainability as well as the basis for a practical framework for accounting and reporting on organizations' activities and impacts. The TBL concept borrows the well-known and widely accepted idea of financial accounting and its "bottom line" and expands it.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
This course awards .3 CEUs
Access to this program is 180 days.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Explain the triple bottom line (TBL) concept and its three pillars of "People, Planet, and Profits"
- Describe the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) TBL accounting framework
- Explain how economic, environmental, and social performance indicators are developed
- Discuss how TBL accounting measures an organization's sustainability performance
- Outline the criticisms of TBL accounting
- Describe best practices for TBL accounting
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 05/30/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-352