No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Procurement and Supply Management
This course explains the evolution from the transactional purchasing or procurement function into the strategic process of supply management. It introduces key concepts and ideas that can be used to successfully source and manage suppliers and to deal with issues that may arise across the supply chain. The course is divided into modules that explain supply management basics; describe strategic, ethical, and sustainable sourcing; and discuss supply chain leadership and integration. Course participants will explore supply management from several viewpoints; align sourcing, communication, and management strategies; and incorporate ethical and sustainable practices into the supply chain. Trends and changes to the profession due to the Internet and emerging technologies are also discussed.
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Estimated time to complete: 8 hours
This program awards 0.8 CEUs.
Access to this program is 180 days.
- Discuss the importance of internal and external relationships in managing suppliers and developing a sourcing strategy
- Articulate ways to enhance communication across the supply chain
- Manage and continuously improve supplier performance
- Determine the effects of e-procurement on supply management
- Identify and manage supply risk, measure performance, and overcome organizational barriers to supply
- Understand the need for leadership and diversity within the supply chain
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 03/31/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 199.00
Course Number : ME-297