No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Powerpoint for Business
As technology continues to change the way that we engage in business communications, the art of presenting has also undergone a shift. No longer can presenters rely solely on their spoken words to deliver their messages. Now, audiences expect to see multimedia slideshows that both inform and entertain. This course will consider how to plan and design effective slideshow presentations using Microsoft's PowerPoint software. It includes practical tips and examples for mapping the presentation, incorporating research, using templates, selecting visual elements, and delivering the presentation.
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Estimated Time to Complete: 3 hours
Access to This Program is 90 days
- Define effective communication
- Describe the qualities of a well-designed slideshow presentation
- Identify common problems when using PowerPoint to design slideshows
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective PowerPoint slides
- Discuss the importance of having a clear purpose or goal for your presentation
- Explain the four components of goal-oriented communication
- Consider the importance of understanding your audience
- Conduct audience analysis
- Map your presentation using the Forecast, Present, Echo structure
- Incorporate research into your presentation
- Assess websites for reliability and credibility
- Use slideshow templates effectively
- Select images that are professional and well-designed
- Choose visually appealing colors and fonts
- Consider how design trends can be applied to slideshows
- Define the minimalist approach to design
- Identify the signs and symptoms of speaking anxiety
- Describe methods for managing speaking anxiety, including relaxation strategies
- Design a PowerPoint presentation that features recommended design principles
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 03/31/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-287