No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Microsoft Project Certification - Online
** This program is Open Enrollment (fully online) and can begin once you recieve your log-in credentials **
Microsoft Project - Online
- 9 hours
Required Course Software - Must be purchased by students from Microsoft.com
- Microsoft Project
The course is designed for all skill levels. No experience with the course software is required.
The Online Course Environment
Synchronous, instructor led virtual classroom using Blackboard Collaborate provides personal engagement with the students.
Effective project management requires tools to help you manage and predict the outcomes of your work. Microsoft Project is the industry standard tool. With Project, you can build project plans, track actual work against the plan, track project costs and take corrective action when things get off track. The course is designed to give students practical experience applying project life cycle concepts. The overall goal of the course is to create a project plan using Microsoft Project, track actual work and make plan adjustments to keep your project on track.
MS Project Course Objectives
Skill builder - Students will be able to:
- Create a Project Plan
- Define a project calendar with working and non-working times
- Define Tasks and Task Durations
- Define Resources
- Create a project plan Gantt chart by linking tasks and resources together
- Create a project Timeline
- Capture and report project cost information
- Implement your Project Plan
- Create a project baseline to compare against actual work
- Track actual work as the project progresses
- Report plan progress and status
- Make advanced adjustments to Task Scheduling
- Add lag time and lead time
- Define task constraints
- Interrupt work on a task
- Create a critical path Gantt chart
- Make adjustments to resource availability
For more information please contact email@example.com
Frank Asciutto is an Instructional Designer, Digital Technology Instructor and Educational Technologist specializing in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. He has 12 years of classroom teaching experience supplemented with online course development and delivery using Blackboard. Before joining William Paterson University, Frank was an accomplished corporate IT systems manager with over 20 years of experience designing and implementing a variety of financial applications. Frank earned a Master’s Degree in Educational Technology in 2012 from Boise State Universitynand is a Certified Microsoft Office Master.
Instructor : Frank Asciutto
Dates : 10/31/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 345.00
Course Number : T036B