No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Legal Foundations in Banking
As a vital part of the U.S. economy and a necessity for most Americans, the banking industry is subject to extensive regulation, and banking professionals must understand the legal and ethical responsibilities that come with their work. This course introduces learners working toward Modern Banking Representative Certification to the basics of banking law, exploring the agencies that regulate banking in the U.S. and the various federal laws that affect banking professionals' daily operations.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
This program awards .4 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Outline the responsibilities of the federal agencies that regulate banking in the U.S.
- Summarize federal laws that significantly impact the U.S. banking industry
- Apply principles of ethical conduct in daily banking operations
- Understand the function of appraisals in banking
- Explain the basic structure of a contract and the significance of a breach of contract
- Explain the mechanisms behind checks and other negotiable instruments
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of bank account holders based on the titling of the account in question
- Explain the responsibilities of banks in combating financial crime
- Evaluate the potential impact of operations on a bank's reputation
- Real-world case studies
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 12/22/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 100.00
Course Number : ME-109