No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
The success of any nonprofit organization can rely on the quality of its leadership. You know a good leader when you see one, but how can you become one? This course begins by examining leadership theories as well as key qualities and ethics within leadership. After establishing this foundation, the course focuses on leadership in the nonprofit sector, including the leadership shortage and possible solutions.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
This program awards .3 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Distinguish between some of the better-known leadership theories (Fieldler's contingency theory, Path-goal theory, Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory)
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks surrounding charismatic leadership
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership
- Describe the leadership shortage in the nonprofit sector and discuss possible solutions to the problem
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Explain leadership issues that are especially important in the nonprofit environment
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership
- Describe the leadership qualities that nonprofit leaders feel are important for success
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership and explain ways to strengthen or develop those skills in a leader
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 03/31/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 99.00
Course Number : ME-278