No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Introduction to Management
Introduction to Management is designed for current and prospective managers seeking to understand the foundations of effective management. Managers are employed across industries, functions, and organizational structures to oversee different-sized depart-ments, teams, and groups of workers. However, there are fundamental tools, techniques, skills, and competencies that can help all managers navigate workplace relationships, coach and mentor employees, and lead high-performing teams in accordance with HR laws and managerial best practices. This course will dive into these topics and test acquired knowledge through exercises, games, review checkpoints, and a final assessment.
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
This program awards 0.3 CEUs.
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Identify key strategies for managing people, including remote workers
- Distinguish between managers and individual contributors as well as the various types of organizational structures
- Describe the process of hiring, training, and developing employees and memorize key HR laws
- Support an empowered team and promote high employee performance
- Identify the various types of difficult employee behavior and understand when to coach, discipline, or terminate an employee
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and identify strategies for in-person and virtual communication
- Determine what should occur before, during, and after a meeting
- Approach negotiation thoughtfully by considering the negotiation type and employing tools like reservation price, ZOPA, and BATNA
- Demonstrate time management skills, including prioritization and setting SMART goals
- Support change initiatives within your organization and minimize employee resistance
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 11/30/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-234