No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Introduction to Leadership
No matter your age or what phase of your career you're in, leadership is a crucial skill on the path to success. This course examines how to be an effective leader. This course asks the crucial questions about leadership in today's organizations: What is leadership and why is it important? What does effective leadership require? What is visionary leadership? What is the role of charisma? What is the difference between managing, administering, and leading? This course offers a balance of the theory of leadership with some real-world application to help you develop this critical skill for personal growth and success.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Recognize the role of leadership in setting the ethical tone for an organization
- Describe the principles for building an ethical culture
- Explore how leadership requires setting an ethical example
- Discuss how leaders can deal with ethical lapses
- Describe the role of leadership during an ethical crisis
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership
- Explain the role of leadership in shaping an organizations culture
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/30/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-222