No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Introduction to Cybersecurity
Globally, incidents of data breaches, identity thefts, and cybercrimes are on the rise, along with the explosive growth of online personal data and the expansion of computer networks. This course teaches the fundamental concepts of information security one will encounter in the cybersecurity field. This course will set the groundwork with basic vocabulary and then introduces concepts such as access controls, risk management, cyber attacks, and digital forensics. This course requires a basic understanding of IT concepts.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
This program awards .5 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Describe fundamental information security concepts
- Discuss data breaches and hacker motivations
- Identify different types of information access controls
- Describe the importance of accountability and audits
- Explain the technologies used to provide identification and authentication
- Relate the role of risk and risk management in information technology
- Describe different methods of cryptography
- Define the elements of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan
- Identify common access control attacks and countermeasures
- Describe the steps involved in a digital forensics investigation
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/05/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 99.00
Course Number : ME-160