No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Integrating Agile Into a Waterfall Environment
This intermediate-level course is designed to help Agile practitioners recognize and resolve many of the common issues that emerge when Agile concepts are introduced into Waterfall organizations. The course begins with 24 video segments from seasoned Agile trainers and practitioners who provide tips and best practices for addressing integration obstacles. The course then presents 20 short case studies that simulate the communication and interchanges that can occur as Agile and Waterfall practitioners work to resolve differences in the ways that they see and execute tasks. As students evaluate these case studies, they'll learn to deconstruct and diagnose any underlying problems that need to be resolved, just as they would in everyday practice. While they work to decode and correct these issues, they'll begin to recognize the common pitfalls that can happen as project teams collaborate and interact, which will allow them to step in to solve potential problems before work is affected.
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
This program awards .4 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Identify whether Agile concepts and methodologies could be integrated into an existing organization
- Describe tools and techniques that could assist in Agile integration
- Recognize the problems that Agile and Waterfall collaborators contend with on a regular basis
- Apply practical tips from experienced practitioners to correct these problems
- Recognize the advantage of "failing fast"
- Uncover impediments or obstacles that may occur when running Agile and Waterfall in parallel
- Examine several project artifacts that can be used to show progress during transitional states
- Identify the essential elements of an integration framework
- Discuss ways to temper expectations as integration takes hold
|Expert-supported||20 real-world case studies|
|Audio enabled||Video content|
|Badge and credit awarding|
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded 4 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the course self-assessment.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24-48 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, PgMP, PfMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, PMI-PBA, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/05/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 89.00
Course Number : ME-107