Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
HR Professional Certification - Online
Registrations for Online courses accepted through 8/31/19.
Human Resources Professional
The Human Resources Professional course introduces human resources (HR) functions and related elements and activities to students wishing to enter a career in this field or anyone who runs or may start a business of their own. This course will outline for students the roles and responsibilities of members of a typical HR department, educating the staff that make up a particular firm in various corporate policies, rules and/or procedure as well as how their individual role will include HR-related activities, whether officially part of an HR department or not. Students will move through the evolution of HR management through to the modern functions of most HR divisions from the perspective of both management and subordinate employees.
Further, students will explore various compensation structures and gain an understanding of the importance of maintaining fair and equitable compensation and benefit programs. To this end, students will be exposed to real-world situations and conflicts that may arise ranging from compensation to employee counseling, conflict resolution, discipline and termination alongside the legal and ethical implications of all of these points with respect to Equal Employment Opportunity requirements. Other critical areas such as training and development of staff with regard to many of the above mentioned issues as well as staffing and strategy will also be discussed.
This course focuses on human resource management skills used by business managers in day-to-day operations. While focusing on the different aspects of human resource management and practices, problem solving and critical thinking skills are applied.
Upon completion of the Human Resources Professional course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the role of the HR manager as a strategic partner to manage human resources in the organization
- Develop a strategic HR plan for an organization
- Determine the strategic HR requirements of a job along with its specific duties and requirements
- Develop a personnel planning and recruiting plan for an organization
- Develop and implement criteria for employee selection
- Identify key deficits in employee training and development programs
- Develop performance appraisal criteria for multiple positions in an organization
- Outline the process to create a ‘job ladder’ for employees to promote career development
- Determine which type of pay plan and benefits mix would be suitable to an organization’s strategic initiatives and employee base
- Apply employment discrimination and labor laws to deal effectively with employment issues on the job
- Identify legal, health, and safety issues in the workplace
- Manage ethical conflicts in an organization through discipline, grievance, and career management processes
- Identify the need for global HR expansion and develop a hiring strategy that best suits the new business environment
Open Enrollment through August 31, 2019.
Dates : 08/31/19
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1299.00
Course Number : P031