No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Gardening in Small Spaces
When you're hoping to breathe new life into your yard, the idea of nurturing a flourishing garden sounds like a great new hobby. But, when you only have a small outdoor area to work with, it can be a high-stakes endeavor. This course will guide you through the basics of garden design, plant selection, planting, maintaining your garden, and troubleshooting so that you can experience success and enjoy the natural environment you have created. Whether you're hoping to eat out of your garden or just enjoy the view, this course can help you get the most out of your small space.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Estimated time to complete: 1.5 hours
This program awards .15 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the function and importance of soil on plant growth
- Recognize the importance of choosing the right plant for your environment
- Differentiate among soil types
- Identify best practices for watering, mulching, and growing plants from seeds
- Recognize the importance of plants' light needs
- Explain design principles for small spaces and containers
- Explain the elements of square foot gardening
- Understand categories of plants and their role in garden design
- Explain how to successfully maintain a garden
- Know how to troubleshoot common gardening issues
Badge and credit-awarding
Games & Flashcards
Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 05/30/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 29.00
Course Number : ME-379