Browse and Register for CPE ProgramsIf you have any questions, please call 973.720.3698 or email CertificateProgram@wpunj.edu
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
« Back to Programs
EKG Technician Certificate - Online
You may register for the program at any time. Once you have registered, you should receive your log-in credentials via email in two-three business days, and you will be able to start your training.
EKG Technician - Online Course
Upon successful completion of this program, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from William Paterson University, School of Continuing and Professional Education. The EKG certification exam is not included in the cost of the program. More information on the certifcation exam is available HERE
The EKG Technician Profession
- Detailed anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Medical disease processes and terminology
- Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
- Electrocardiography and echocardiography
- An introduction to the components, function, and proper use of the EKG machine
- The normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement
- 12-lead placement and other practices
Education and Certification
- EKG Technicians should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are several EKG technician national certification exams that are available to students.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Role of the EKG technician
- Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Care and safety of patients including medical and legal aspects of patient care
- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
- Electrophysiology, the conduction system of the heart, and the cardiac cycle
- Circulation of blood through the heart and vessels
- Lead placement for 12-lead electrocardiography
- Basic EKG interpretation of normal rhythms and arrhythmias
- EKG troubleshooting including recognizing artifacts
- Waves and measurements
- EKG strip analysis (P,Q,R,S,T wave-form interpretation)
- Identification of rhythms using the 12-lead EKG
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
| National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified EKG Technician (CET)
Dates : 01/01/23 to 06/30/23
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1999.00
Course Number : C021