Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Dental Assistant Certificate - Online
Registrations for Online courses accepted starting 01/03/19 through 06/28/19.
The Dental Assisting Profession
- Introduction to the dental office and history of dentistry and dental assisting
- Legal aspects of dentistry including policies and guidelines
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental operatory, and dental equipment
- Introductory tooth structure including primary and permanent teeth
- The oral cavity and related structures
- Dental hand-pieces, sterilization, and other areas
Dental Assisting Education and Certification
- Students who complete this comprehensive course would be prepared to sit for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) – Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, and the DANB – Infection Control Exam (ICE).
- In many states, DANB-RHS certification is required to work in dental radiography.
- In addition to facilitating entry-level administrative positions, this course is ideal for students interested in pursuing a future formal dental hygienist program.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- The dental assisting profession and the history of dentistry
- Dental anatomy and physiology
- Tooth charting, tooth surfaces, and classification of restorations on a tooth
- Parts of the jaw and areas of the mouth
- Oral health and preventions of dental disease
- Infection control in dentistry and occupational health and safety
- Patient information and assessment
- Foundation of clinical dentistry
- Dental radiology
- Single crown restoration, bridge, implant, partial denture, and full denture
- Dental equipment and accessories and the treatment room
- Dental hand pieces and accessories
- Dental cements and impression materials
- Coding of radiology services and the use of ICD-9-CM codes
- Assisting in comprehensive dental care
- Dental administration and communication skills
Dates : 01/03/19 to 06/28/19
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1699.00
Course Number : P018