No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
This course contains an introduction to the key concepts of cryptography and security engineering. It examines the role of encryption in information security and considers common encryption methods. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on cryptography to help you apply the concepts to situations you may see in the real world. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
This course is part of the Cybersecurity suite of courses. However, the course can be taken as a stand-alone course.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
This program awards .5 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Understand how cryptography works and its role in information security
- Compare and contrast different ciphers and explain how they work
- Create substitution ciphers and encode and decode cleartext and ciphertext
- Discuss how encryption enables secure transmission of sensitive data
- Explain and compare symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Describe the role of public key infrastructure and key management
- Apply concepts and knowledge to real-world scenarios that involve cryptographic challenges
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/05/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-156