No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Compliance and Operational Security Scenarios
This course contains a discussion of the role of security governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on compliance and operational security to allow you to practice the concepts learned in the material. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
This program awards .5 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Discuss the foundational concepts of security governance (the CIA triad) and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines in information security
- Understand the types of security controls that an organization can employ and the concept of defense in depth
- Discuss ethical, regulatory, and privacy issues as they relate to information security
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Identify the purpose and components of a disaster recovery plan and business continuity
- Understand the role of auditing and testing in information security governance
- Identify common threats and vulnerabilities
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to real-world scenarios that highlight compliance and operational security problems
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 10/31/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-155