No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
If you're involved in a nonprofit organization, you likely know all too well the importance of budgeting. In this course, you will gain an understanding of the uses and functions of budgets and the relationship between strategic budgeting and tactical budgeting. You will also learn about the organization-wide budget and different budget systems. After introducing the basics of budgeting in a nonprofit, the course continues on to slightly more advanced budgeting topics such as capital budgets, cash flow budgets, and opportunity budgets. You will also learn how nonprofit organizations are using different budgeting techniques to handle operating challenges.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
This program awards .3 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting
- Describe the different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization
- Recognize the use of the organization-wide operating budget and program operating budgets
- Explain how an operating budget is created
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created
- Explain the importance of a cash flow budget and describe how it is created
- Recognize how the budget process can be managed for optimal results
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 03/31/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-277