No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
A Manager's Guide to Information Technology
This course is designed to help managers develop a solid understanding of the basic concepts and technologies that they will encounter in the information technology field. Learners in this course will expand their knowledge of IT through games, videos, interactive exercises, quizzes, and other engaging content. Topics of major concern to managers are discussed throughout the course and include big data, cloud implementations, and mobile computing. Learners will combine these with business concepts in order to better inform business decisions. Examples of real-world cases involving IT security and other relevant topics are also incorporated to further expand a learner's knowledge of IT. In addition, certifications and careers in IT are introduced with explanations of each in this crucially important field.
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 10 hours
This program awards 1 CEU.
Access to this program is 180 days.
- Trace the evolution of information technology
- Explain the basics of computing
- Describe operating systems and how process and memory management, the kernel, and other OS concepts work together
- Discuss a variety of programming concepts
- Explore different types of software
- Discuss software management, application security, and the role of server software
- Describe different network infrastructures, configurations, and physical components
- Discuss mobile technologies, e-commerce concepts, and platforms
- Explore the major social media websites, Web 2.0, and virtual communities
- Explain the basics of information governance and information security governance
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/30/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 199.00
Course Number : ME-228