Residence Life is searching for interested and qualified graduate students to fill potentially two immediate positions as Graduate Resident Directors on our team. This is a 10-month, live-on professional graduate assistantship which includes tuition waiver, room, board and a stipend. GRDs must work 20 office hours per week with additional requirements in evenings and on weekends, including the on-call responsibilities.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree and prior experience as an undergraduate within residence life, student activities, or another major functional area of student affairs
- Full-Time continuous enrollment in graduate-level program; higher education administration, student personnel services, or counseling preparatory program preferred
- Maintain a 20+ hour work week, which will include some evening and weekend responsibilities
- Live full-time in assigned campus apartment and work from assigned on campus office in residence hall
- Participate in on-call responsibilities for residential population of 2000 residential students
- Limited holiday work may be required as part of on-call responsibilities
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Interest in and understanding of housing/residence life programs
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong interest in professional development and personal growth
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs, Zoom and other team management and communication tools
A detailed job description will be provided upon application. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Becky Baird, Director of Residence Life via email to email@example.com.
Date Submitted: 09/10/2021
Submitted By: Residence Life Operating / Leslie Kropa