No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Application, Data, and Host Security Scenarios
When you download an app, or access a database, you want to trust that the software engineer who developed the app had an eye toward security. This course covers the security of applications, data, and hosts in information systems. It provides a comprehensive examination of software development and change management. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on real-world application, data, and host security. Although not required, having some experience or working knowledge in IT concepts is helpful in taking this course.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
This program awards .5 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Discuss the role of security in software development
- Explain the software development life cycle and compare its eight stages
- Understand what the operating system is and how it works
- Describe different application and operating environments
- Discuss the role of databases and the information security challenges they raise
- Understand the various vectors for attack
- Explain the objectives of Trusted Recovery and the concept of system hardening
- Recognize the need for physical security and the varying means of achieving it
- Apply security concepts to real-world scenarios highlighting the need for application, data, and host security
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 10/31/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-148