No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Security and Risk Management
This course covers the role of governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. The course also includes a look at how modern organizations manage information security risks and how to conduct a risk analysis. It concludes by examining the process for providing information security training and education. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
The content in this course aligns with Domain One in the CISSP exam, offered by (ISC)2. However, the course can be taken as a stand-alone without the intention of sitting for the exam.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
This program awards .5 CEUs
Access to this program is 90 days.
- Discuss the concept of security governance and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policy and procedure documents in information security
- Understand the key principles and terminology of information security governance and risk management
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Understand the data classification process and properly classify data according to security needs
- Explain the process for providing information security training and education
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 11/30/21
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 79.00
Course Number : ME-164