Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Java Programming Specialist Certificate - Online
Registrations for Online courses accepted starting 01/03/19 through 06/28/19.
Java Programming I
Java is a programming language and computing platform running on hundreds of millions of personal computers worldwide and billions of devices across the globe including mobile devices and televisions. If you own a computer, smart phone or other device, chances are you’ve interacted with some form of Java. Designed to be less complicated than many of its predecessors, Java is easily accessible for most programmers and enables them to develop computer programs faster and easier than ever before.
As the number one development platform and the number one language used for enterprise programming and development, Java training offers students the opportunity to learn the universal Java programming language and technology in order to develop robust programs and applications quickly and efficiently using any platform. In fact, the Java platform can be used with many software applications including all Windows versions, Solaris, Unix open source operating systems and the Apple operating software as well as most Web browsers allowing for great interaction and usability.
Java developers work across all areas of the computer programming field writing software that will run on many different kinds of devices. Often used by application developers, web developers or operating system engineers, all of these professionals use Java Programming on a daily basis. Moreover, Java developers are needed to integrate their code with software already written in other languages such as HTML5 of C++ and are in high demand as this industry moves at a faster and faster clip. So pervasive across the growing programming fields, certification in Java is a great way for new entrants to break into the field and prove their expertise to prospective employers and can help to secure higher salaries as well.
The Java Programming I course is designed to prepare students to sit for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer exam.
The Java Programming I course will address the following primary course objectives:
- Solve simple problems using the fundamental syntax and semantics of the Java programming language
- Examine elementary techniques in Java programming Write Java programs that use selection
- Write Java programs that use loops: while, do while, for Write Java programs that make use of methods for transfer of control
- Write Java programs that use arrays
- Examine object-oriented programming using objects and classes
- Illustrate object-oriented programming including immutable classes and immutable objects
- Write Java programs that use inheritance and polymorphism
- Extend error handling techniques by adding exception handlers to Java programs
- Design generic classes and interfaces to improve code reusability
- Use the Java Collections Framework in a Java program
- Distinguish between the Java platforms and describe the basic characteristics of Java integration technologies
- Describe the basic characteristics, use, benefits, and drawbacks of Java’s server-side technologies and application tiers
Certification: Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE Programmer
Certifying Body: Oracle
Click HERE for Certification Information
Contact Rosa Williams-Hopkins for additional information 973-720-2354
Dates : 01/03/19 to 06/28/19
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1499.00
Course Number : P029