Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Forming a Non-Profit Corporation 501(c)(3) 10/5, 10/12, 10,19/13
Starting a non-profit organization can be a very rewarding but complex experience.
The vast majority of non-profits are started by passionate, creative individuals
who want to protect, restore, or enhance the wellbeing of the people in
their community. The process of incorporating might seem daunting but knowing
how to begin will make the start-up process more feasible and build the
individual’s confidence level as they move forward in bringing their mission and
vision to fruition.
These workshops will provide students with the background knowledge and
skills needed to effectively start up, and lead a non-profit organization. Most
non-profits are 501(c) (3) corporations, meaning they are formed for religious,
charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes, thus they are eligible for
federal and state tax exemptions. Workshop participants will receive step-bystep
instructions on obtaining a federal 501(c) (3) tax exemption as well as how
to qualify for public charity status with the IRS.
• Know the advantages and disadvantages of forming a non-profit organization
• Know the difference between 501(c)(3) and other 501(c) organizations
• Understand the process of starting a 501(c)(3) and adhering to non-profit
requirements specific to the State of New Jersey
• Set goals and define the mission and vision statements while developing a
• Develop an organizational financial budget
• Utilize best practices to form a Board of Directors
• Adopt articles of incorporation, bylaws and first meeting minutes
• Complete an IRS tax-exemption application using IRS Form 1023
Includes: 2 four-hour classes, textbook, handouts and a CD with
applications, forms, etc. needed for 501(c)(3) filing
Instructor : Rev. Clarence Bulluck
Dates : 10/05/13 to 10/19/13
Days : Sat
From : 9:30am - 12:30pm
Fee : $ 200.00
Course Number : B022
Class is full at this time please call 973-720-2354 to be placed on a waiting list