No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Effective Business Writing
This program is open enrollment and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
The ability to write clearly and directly is highly prized in most organizations. Well-written emails and documents can help you earn respect among your peers. And poorly written emails and documents can detract from success at all levels. The ideas, techniques, and checklists in this introductory-level course apply to all forms of business writing: memos, reports, brochures, proposals, presentations, catalogs, and websites. This course will also teach how to revise for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon, and the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting.
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 hours
This program awards 0.5 CEUs.
Access to This Program is 90 days
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Recognize the difference between ineffective and effective writing
- List and define the four major factors of effective writing (clarity, tone, organization, and delivery).
- Recognize the role of the audience in effective communication and the importance of understanding an audiences needs
- Employ formal and informal outlining techniques
- List and recognize techniques for overcoming writers block
- Recognize the importance and dangers of writing quickly
- Revise for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon
- Write more effective emails and recognize the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting
- Employ checklists for organizing, writing, and revising
- Fully accessible
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Games & Flashcards
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/05/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 99.00
Course Number : ME-127