No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Dialysis Technician Program - Online
Registrations for Online courses are ongoing throughout 2021.
The Dialysis Technician Profession
- Specific procedures to operate kidney dialysis machines
- Preparation of the dialyzer, and reprocessing and delivery systems
- Equipment maintenance
- Skills to monitor and record a patient’s vital signs
- The process for a dialysis teams’ administration of local anesthetics and drugs as needed
- Assessment of patients for any complications that occur during a procedure
- Patient training for at-home dialysis treatment and techniques to provide emotional support patients need for self-care
Education and Certifications
- Dialysis technicians and aides should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- This program is designed to cover the key objectives of the leading dialysis technician certification exams. Although some students do immediately pursue certain certifications, most national exams require job experience for formal dialysis technician certification.
Dialysis Technician Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Knowledge and use of aseptic techniques and standard precautions
- Renal physiology and the pathology of renal failure
- How to perform and record physical measurements including weight and vital signs
- Principles of hemodialysis and hematological aspects
- Dialyzer reuse preparation, dialysate, and delivery systems
- Basic body chemistry including fluid and electrolyte balance
- Clinical manifestations of end-stage renal disease
- Routine aspects of hemodialysis
- Dietary regulation and medication problems relating to dialysis
- Acute renal failure and dialysis
- Kidney transplantation
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Diabetes and hemodialysis
- Pediatric hemodialysis
- End-stage renal disease in the elderly
- Composition of dialysate solution
- Anticoagulation and heparin administration
- Handling of hazardous materials
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
|National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Certified Dialysis Technician Associate (CDTA)|
Dates : 01/31/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1999.00
Course Number : C019