No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
Certificate in Negotiation
This online certificate program helps learners develop the skills and strategies needed to become a successful negotiator. The fundamental concepts of negotiation are addressed, as well as the application of these concepts to the specific areas of Deal Making Negotiation and Dispute Settlement Negotiation. Video commentary provides learners with practical insights on translating the principles of negotiation into real-world bargaining success. Each 3- to 4-hour, self-paced course offers an assortment of interactive exercises, videos, readings, case studies, and self-assessments that will keep learners engaged as they sharpen their negotiating skills.
This program is open enrollment (fully online) and can begin within 2-3 business days of registration.
Registration is ongoing throughout 2021.
Estimated time to complete: 10 hours
This program awards 1 CEU.
Access to this program is 270 days.
Courses included in this Certificate:
- Introduction to Negotiations
- We all negotiate every day. And even though negotiations are an integral part of our lives, techniques for managing these situations are not instinctive; they must be learned. Experienced negotiators make a conscious decision about what type of negotiation strategy to use based on a number of factors such as the importance of the relationship and the importance of what is at stake. Understanding key concepts such as the best alternative to no agreement, reservation price, and the zone of possible agreement can help you conduct a successful negotiation. And since power is a fundamental dynamic in negotiations, it is important for negotiators to have a basic understanding of ways they can exert and also gain power in a discussion. This course should be an essential part of any basic business and management training.
- Negotiations: Making Business Deals
- This course is designed to help executives and other potential deal-makers learn the essential strategies and skills to conducting successful business negotiations. Learners in this course will explore the fundamentals of deal making with the help of games, videos, interactive exercises, case studies, and other engaging content. The course begins by comparing and contrasting the two major types of negotiation—Dispute Settlement Negotiation (DSN) and Deal Making Negotiation (DMN)—and exploring the difference between negotiation and bargaining. Key topics covered in the course include the stages of the negotiation process; the importance of preparation and realistic goal-setting; the five basic approaches to negotiation; when to make (and when to avoid) commitments; the relative importance of relationships and outcomes; the decision to walk away from a negotiation; and the unique challenges posed by multiparty, international, and cross-cultural negotiations.
- Negotiations: Resolving Disputes
- This course is designed to help managers and other decision makers learn to settle workplace and interpersonal disputes by the application of proven negotiating principles and strategies. Learners in this course will explore the fundamentals of Dispute Settlement Negotiation with the help of games, videos, interactive exercises, case studies, and other engaging content.
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Instructor : MindEdge
Dates : 01/30/22
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $ 199.00
Course Number : ME-241