Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
COMPTIA N+ Network Specialist Certificate - Online
Registrations for Online courses accepted through 9/1/19.
Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) N+ training offers midlevel certification to for network professionals. Designed to ensure competency of network technicians in configuring and supporting TCP/IP clients and the OSI model, CompTIA N+ training and certification ensures students have the skills necessary for hardware setup, network design, cabling, configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support. Earning CompTIA N+ Certification means that the individual possess the knowledge and skills necessary to be a successful network professional offering a nationally-recognized and industry-recognized credential for experienced network technicians. Indeed, the most widely known technology companies recommend or require CompTIA N+ Certification for their networking technicians.
The CompTIA Network+ course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to become an IT network practitioner. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA Network+ Certification exam. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure basic network infrastructure as well as describe networking technologies, understand basic design principles, adhere to wiring standards, and use testing tools. This course offers a technical prerequisite option for IT technicians seeking to join the Apple Consultants Network and is recognized by various federal and state government agencies. Additional job roles for prospective candidates include network technician, network installer, network administrator, help desk technician and IT cable installer.
The CompTIA Network+ course will address the following primary course objectives:
- Summarize DNS concepts and its components
- Identify the benefits and challenges of increasingly converged networks
- Describe the role and impact of networks on daily business and work
- Explain the structure of a network, including end devices and intermediate devices, and the interconnecting media
- Distinguish between circuit-switched and packet-switched communications
- Describe the role of addressing and naming in network communications
- Explain the purpose and function of protocols and standards in network communications
- Explain how protocols enable communications between completely different network devices
- Distinguish between networking protocols and networking standards
- Explain the advantages of using a layered model to describe network functionality
- Describe the role of each layer in the OSI reference model and the TCP/IP stack
- Identify virtual network components
- Describe the functions of the three upper OSI model layers
- Describe the function of well-known TCP/IP Application Layer protocols and their related services
- Explain the principles of network client–server operation
Certification: CompTIA Network+ Certification
Certifying Body: CompTIA
Click HERE for Certification Information
Contact Rosa Williams-Hopkins for additional information 973-720-2354
Dates : 05/01/19 to 08/31/19
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1299.00
Course Number : P027