Browse and Register for CPE Programs
No courses registered.
Browse our online catalog to register.
COMPTIA A+ Specialist Certificate Program - Online
Registrations for Online courses accepted starting 01/03/19 through 06/28/19.
The CompTIA A+ Specialist
Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ training offers a standard competency for entry-level service technicians in the computer industry. Earning CompTIA A+ Certification means that an individual possesses the knowledge, skills and customer service skills necessary to be a successful computer service technician offering a nationally-recognized and industry-recognized credential for new entrants into the field. Indeed, CompTIA A+ certification is the most widely-recognized and credible certifications available across the IT industry.
The CompTIA A+ Specialist Program
The CompTIA A+ course will build upon students’ existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware in order to present fundamental concepts and techniques that technicians will use every day on the job. Upon completing this course, students will gain the essential skills and technical expertise necessary to install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, repair and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
The CompTIA A+ course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for a career in PC support. The course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 certification exams. The exam covers a broad range of hardware and software technologies that is not tied to any specific vendor products. Examinees must successfully complete 2 parts for the exam – Essentials and Practical Applications modules. Provided both modules are passed within a 90 day period, successful candidates will receive CompTIA A+ Certification. Course topics include installation, configuration, preventative maintenance of PC hardware components, and the basics of networking, security, virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment. Students will also gain knowledge of diagnostic and troubleshooting processes for various types of technical issues.
Comp TIA A+ Program Objectives
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the common features of PC hardware found on desktop and laptop computers
- Explain network hardware, protocols, and how to build a network
- Identify unique features of laptop computers and concerns specific to this type of computer
- Describe the printing process, installation, and maintenance of the most common printer types, including laser and inkjet printers
- Describe IT support operational procedures in a workplace
- Explain the features, tools, and installation options of different versions of Windows Operating Systems
- Identify the components of Windows Operating Systems networking, preventative maintenance, security settings, and virtualization
- Describe common security threats, security-breach prevention methods, and best practices
- Explain the network setup, security, and synchronization of mobile devices
- Describe the diagnostic and troubleshooting processes for hardware, software, networking, and security issues
- Use Microsoft Office
Certification: CompTIA A+ Certification
Certifying Body: CompTIA
Contact Rosa Williams-Hopkins for additional information 973-720-2354
Dates : 01/03/19 to 06/28/19
Days : Online
From : -
Fee : $1299.00
Course Number : P026